Saturday, June 2, 2007

In case I had no doubt, I'm OLD

The AZ Republic had a story this morning (from USA Today) that listed 25 years of life-changing inventions. What a list -- everything from cellphones (#1 -- were you in any doubt?) to bagged lettuce (#10) to Karaoke (#25). Some surprises to me were Doppler Radar (#12) and electronic tolls (#14). Is there anything you think should be on the list and isn't, or something that is on the list that you think shouldn't?

I didn't want to subscribe to their Talkback, but we can have our own little comment section about this. I have to remember this fall that most of my students were born towards the early part of this period, so they've never known a world without high tech footwear. I mean, are Keds a novelty item now? Those were the only "sneakers" I knew.

It's fun to see a list like this that isn't totally devoted to technology.

1 comment:

Christine Moore said...

Shredded cheese in zip top bags would have made my list! I haven't gotten rid of my lettuce spinner (but in tired moments, I do buy the bagged greens).

I'm glad Purell (well, hand sanitizer in its generic form) made the list - how did Mommies manage without this?