Friday, May 11, 2007

Anchors aweigh . . .

A launch is always exciting, but I'm a little nervous about this one because I'm wearing two hats. (Too many numbers -- 23 Things, two hats. I'm going to get confused, I am sure!) But this feels just a little scarier than the beginning of a new semester because I'm learning as I go along. That isn't usually the case in the classes I teach.

So I've already had a question I couldn't answer (about whether Web 2.0 activities are compatible with both IE 6 and IE 7), and rather than go research the answer, I said I don't know. I suspect I'll be saying that often over the next 10 weeks, so I might as well get comfortable with it.

I think one of the points of this kind of learning activity is that no one person has all the answers, and that good questions are almost as valuable. One of the things this question raises for me is whether I am going to try out Firefox, at least on one computer. (I am using IE 6 on one computer and IE 7 on another already.) Maybe people should share what browser(s) they are using so we can all test for incompatibilites and anomalies.

I'm not sure how labels work, but I think I'm going to add two to this entry: browsers and trouble. We'll experiment.

Karen

No comments: